Learn to create this fun, girly protective style just in time for winter.
Things You Will Need:
- Leave in Conditioner or Moisturizer of Your Choice
- Oil (Olive, Coconut, Jojoba, etc)
- Wide Tooth Comb
- Hair clips
- Curlformers (sold at Sally’s Beauty Supply)
- Start by washing hair to cleanse any product buildup from the week. Try washing in sections to make detangling an easier process and to make sure all hair is thoroughly cleansed.
- Next apply conditioner to hair. Some women choose to detangle while conditioning, I choose not to until I am preparing to style my hair with a leave in conditioner. This is a matter of personal preference; however, do use some form of conditioning product when detangling to prevent breakage.
- After hair is thoroughly cleansed and conditioned, use the clips to section hair into four sections. Apply the leave in conditioner to hair to moisturize hair followed by the oil. The use of oil seals in moisture.
- Take one section of hair and begin to create two strand twists until the entire section is complete. Twist the hair tightly to help create a curl pattern, and twirl the ends for a polished look. Continue until your entire head is full of two-strand twists.
- After the twists are complete, apply the curlformers to twist. Place a curlformer on the curl wand. Place twist in the curl wand hook and pull hair through the curlformer. Repeat until all twist are covered in curlformers. Let hair dry in curlformers overnight.
- In the morning remove curlformers from twists. Twists should form a spiral curl. Separate twists to create more curls and continue to separate curls for a fuller, more voluminous look. For variations in the style pin the side back to create a faux mohawk or flat twist one side of hair to create a one-sided look.
- Rock your natural look!
Author: Mia Brumfield